[ckan-discuss] Next version of the LOD cloud diagram. Please provide input, so that your dataset is included.

Richard Cyganiak richard at cyganiak.de
Fri Sep 24 19:56:10 BST 2010

Hi Ed,

On 23 Sep 2010, at 06:18, Ed Summers wrote:
> While processing the data I think I noticed 50 packages in the
> lodcloud group which referenced other CKAN packages
> (package['extras']['links:*'] in the json) that were not also in the
> lodcloud group.

Yes, we're aware of these “dead” links, and don't consider it a
problem. Some point to datasets that no longer exist and hence have
been removed from the lodcloud group (for example, DBpedia still links
to Wikicompany even though that dataset has disappeared from the Net).
Others point to datasets that simply have not yet been entered into
CKAN for some reason.

Best,
Richard