[ckan-discuss] Starting to populate datacatalogs.org

Martin Alvarez-Espinar martin.alvarez at fundacionctic.org
Thu Jun 23 15:18:10 BST 2011

Hi John,

The optional field called spatial coverage coords would be enough. Even,
it could be a pair of "lat,long" values  (e.g., "38.36000,141.07546").

The URI field is more complex, but it would add added value to the
representation. With the Geonames URI we can get information about the
granularity of the spatial feature (city, region, country, continent,
etc.). It also could be useful to enrich the data. Also, it contains the
rest of the spatial fields values (label, countryCode, coords, etc.).

Best regards,

Martin

E-mail: martin.alvarez at fundacionctic.org
http://www.fundacionctic.org