[ckan-discuss] Metadata questions

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Fri Jan 13 12:52:01 GMT 2012

Not strictly a CKAN-question, but I know there are a few metadata &
data-management experts on this list.

I've been approached by someone from the council here and she is asking
some questions I don't know the best answer to (below). Could anyone
suggest where I could best point her / what type of advice I could give
her. Would very much like to help her out and ensure her data gets
released!

(Questions below)

Lucy

"One of the 'technicalities' we are struggling with at the moment has to do
with the concept of Linked data and connecting our datasets to the wider
semantic web. How should we structure our datasets' metadata? What URI's to
use? Should we create our own URI descriptions and share, hoping other
local authorities will adopt the same?

Any suggestions on this matter are very welcome. My colleague told me about
come central repository of URI where one can register new ones. Do you know
about this?"

--
Lucy Chambers
Community Coordinator