[ckan-discuss] Investigation of CKAN and data set persistent identifiers on the interent

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 18:52:55 BST 2013

On the topic of digital object identifiers, please see:
http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/digital-collection/057.html

Regards

Hilton

On 15 October 2013 18:06, Hendrik Bunke <bunke.hendrik at gmail.com> wrote:

> --On 2013-10-14 14:28, Mark Wainwright wrote:
>
> > It shouldn't be too difficult to do, and the recent post from the
> > EDaWaX project <http://ckan.org/edawax> hints that they are working on
> > it as part of their extension. You might want to get in touch with
> > them. Alternatively, the Open Knowledge Foundation would be happy to
> > hear from anyone who wanted to fund the development of a stand-alone
> > DOI extension :-)
>
> Hi,
>
> (I'm working for the mentioned EDaWaX project and also the one
> responsible for the blog post). It's true that we are working on
> automatic integration of DOIs. From a technical point of view the
> integration is no problem, as long you have a DOI registration
> service that offers an API for that, like e.g. Crossref does.
> Basically, you just have to sent the relevant metadata in a
> suitable schema based format (like XML). In our case the service
> provider will be German based da|ra
> (http://www.da-ra.de/en/home/). Our extension is aimed to be
> usable for any CKAN project, that wants to implement da|ra
> metadata schema and get a DOI.
>
> We are not finished with this extension, but will try to keep
> anyone interested informed. Just drop me an email.
>
> regards
> hendrik
>
> --
> Dr. Hendrik Bunke
> http://gplus.to/hbunke
> http://twitter.com/hbunke
> http://www.hbxt.org

*Hilton Gibson*
Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025D
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://za.linkedin.com/in/hiltongibson
http://staff.lib.sun.ac.za/~hgibson/docs/cv/cv.html