[ckan-discuss] New field "Source" in v2.2

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Sun Feb 23 21:25:46 UTC 2014

Hi, I've just noticed that a new field called Source (as well as another called Version) have appeared since we updated to v2.2

I'm very confused as to what source means.  The example shown in the entry box is http://example.com/dataset.json, however if I had (at the "add data" stage) linked to a file held in an external (to my CKAN) location then wouldn't the link = Source, and if I had upload a file to CKAN from a local drive, then source also seems redundant.

What is the purpose of Source?  Am I missing something?

Thanks
Aaron