[ddj] The worlds of hackers and journalists are coming together...

Adam Thomas adam.thomas at sourcefabric.org
Fri Jun 29 09:20:50 UTC 2012

Thanks for the openness Burt, and for trusting the community here to make HH Berlin a success!

As a quick update, the group has 63 members now and 28 RSVPs in a few days, so that's encouraging... http://www.meetup.com/Hacks-Hackers-Berlin/

As recommended by the HH FAQ, we'll keep the first meetup fairly low key in terms of organisation. I have in mind a few icebreaking activities and some introductions, and then I think it's always good to try and let the group define the agenda and scope of following meetups. We have a great venue partner in co.up, who are giving us their newly renovated space for free.

I really hope DDJBerlin members can attend - data is of course central to any tech x journalism discussion! I hope we can also get people working in the fields of open source, start-ups for news, web and print design, app building and more to attend and contribute.

I hope nobody minds the common language of the group being English - we can always breakout and hold lightning talks in German - just wanted to be as open as possible.

Look forward to meeting everyone on 16th July!

Best, Adam