[ddj] Mapping event in Baltimore

Patrick Maynard patrickmaynard.bs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:32:10 UTC 2014

Apologies for the cross post, but I thought this might interest some users
in areas near Maryland.

After trying to convert a couple of projects to use OpenStreetMap data, I
realized that Baltimore is a bit behind some of the surrounding metros in
OSM detail.

In hopes of changing that, I'm tentatively planning a mapping party for
Saturday, July 12, starting in or near Patterson Park, depending on weather
and interest from the community.

This was originally going to be a bar crawl, but then I realized that it
probably wasn't smart to have a bunch of random people drunkenly stumbling
around the less-documented parts of Baltimore. So think of it as more of a
picnic. (This is also a good time to mention that this event is in no way
affiliated with my employer -- it's just for fun.)

The OSM editing software is super simple, so even if you don't have any
mapping experience, I'd love to have you here. (It's even more of a bonus
if you get some people with GIS and/or programming experience, but it's by
no means vital.) If you're interested, drop me a line, and I'll give you
more details as the date approaches.

Please feel free to pass this along to others. I'm at
patrickmaynard.bs at gmail.com.

-- Patrick