[data.edu.au] Fwd: Notes from data.edu.au

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir maxious at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 12:01:46 UTC 2013

Three quick links worth checking out:

Open Data and the Academy: An Evaluation of CKAN for Research Data
Management http://eprints.lincoln.ac.uk/9778/1/CKANEvaluation.pdf
"CKAN should not simply be judged on what user functionality it offers
today but rather the potential in its technical design and user
community to support the functionality of tomorrow. Research Data
Management is a relatively new practice within higher education. The
requirements for RDM are only just being made clear to information
professionals, developers, researchers and funders."

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/wiki/List-of-extensions
Bottom of page has some plugins for CKAN recently developed by the
Finnish KATA national research metadata catalogue project eg. "CKAN
shibboleth identification plugin"

Next Generation Cancer Data Discovery, Access, and Integration Using
Prizms and Nanopublications
http://tw.rpi.edu/media/2013/06/19/1379/dils2013.pdf
Use of CKAN as a discovery front end for a more complex domain
specific system "Prizms" and includes plugin to tell people how to
cite datasets stored on CKAN which they call "nanopublications"