[ECODP-dev] Updated translation files

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Thu Apr 25 15:41:34 UTC 2013

Dear Agnieszka,

As promised we've shortened the translation files and added the shortened
versions to Transifex. You'll be pleased to hear that there are now only
around 100 terms needed for the new languages.

Note: There are about 10 terms in Transifex which we can't exclude from
Transifex but which can be ignored by the translators. I've indicated these
by adding an instruction in Transifex and tagging them with the tag
"IgnoreForTranslation".

This process also gives us a good opportunity to ensure that all the
meta-information fileds on the dataset and resource page have clear labels
in English and that we hide any fields that aren't being used or aren't
useful for most users.

Therefore we have clarified the labels and removed several fields The
fields that have been removed or changed are listed in the attached
spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvowqR9BWVWGdDh3LUlHWFNoMWdPbjVfOWJhc3JpdkE&usp=sharing

You can see an example on the testing site here
http://odp.tenforce.com/en/data/dataset/smQbYSQTwlgYiN9SnAT19Q/resource/6a9bbcc8-9069-4d58-8815-3318e3b3685e

Please just let me know if you have any questions or would like to discuss
at all.

Best,

Darwin

Darwin Peltan