[ECODP-dev] Apache Rewriting rules and peristence of https when user is logged in ckan

Dimitrios Mexis dimitrios.mexis at tenforce.com
Wed Jul 17 15:32:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have nginx removed from the configuration. So I have setup the following
in the ecodp.conf of apache configuration:
In general CKAN and Drupal work very well under httpd as far as we tested.
The problem is with the persistence of https ONLY when a user is logged in
CKAN.

Here is a sample of setup, if you need more info, please give details

<VirtualHost *:80>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 9
#RewriteRule ^/(..)/data($|/(.*))$ /data/$1/$3 [C,QSA,PT]
RewriteRule ^/(..)/data/(.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}/data/$1/$2 [QSA,R=301,L]

*# HERE I TRY TO DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM THAT WHEN HTTPS HAS STARTED FOR
LOGIN, THE NEXT REDIRECTION IS GETTING BACK INTO HTTP*
*# FOR SOME REASON I GET A HTTP FROM CKAN.*

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}${REQUEST_URI} [R,L]

<VirtualHost/>

And I have a SSL conf which has:

RewriteEngine on
#RewriteRule ^/(..)/data($|/(.*))$ /data/$1/$3 [L,QSA,PT]
RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite_ssl.log"
RewriteLogLevel 3
RewriteRule ^/(..)/data($|/(.*))$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}/data/$1/$3[L,QSA,R=302]

As I state in the comment what has happened is the following:
WHEN HTTPS HAS STARTED FOR LOGIN, THE NEXT REDIRECTION AFTER PRESSING LOGIN
BUTTON,
IS GETTING BACK INTO HTTP
FOR SOME REASON I GET A HTTP FROM CKAN.

Is there any suggestion ?