[ECODP-dev] Rpm Release versioning number

Dimitrios Mexis dimitrios.mexis at tenforce.com
Mon Mar 25 13:25:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I created a basic spec file to generate rpm for rdf2ckan.

I see a potential issue, I tried to bind the package to the
ecportal-python, and despite I put 1.7.1 I realize after conversation with
John, that the rpm is released with a number equal to unixtime.
[ rpm -qa command, also indicated this ]

How would we keep the control of rpm release versioning of various packages
from release to release period of ODP ?
How would we keep the control of rpm release versioning of packages such as
ecportal-python (3rd party) from release to release of ODP ?
How would we do the maintainance for releases of patches either in ODP or
3rd party ?

my opinion is that unixtime must be removed, and I think we should be based
on a usual common way such as the major.minor schema 2 numbers per major
and the third number be for releases of rpm through patch releases

Best
Dimitrios