[ECODP-dev] metadata label update

Bert Van Nuffelen bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com
Fri May 17 08:42:58 UTC 2013

Hi Darwin,

the decision has been made after a discussion based on the section 10.3.3
of the System Operations Manual.
In short, PO supports the idea to have dereferenceable URI's  for datasets.
However the practice is that not all URI's for datasets are not
derefenceable.
Secondly, the URI is being used: namely it is the identifier in the RDF. So
if a portal visitor explores the RDF content, then this URI is the key.
In that sense, the option chosen by PO is understandable:
  *  make it clear this is the public identifier of the dataset. So if
someone wants to refer to it, this id has to be used.
  *  additional PO is going to actively inform and push publishers to
create dereferenceable URIs

kind regards,

Bert