[epsi-coord] Topic reports

Hans Graux hans.graux at timelex.eu
Tue Mar 8 17:55:31 GMT 2011

Very good ideas. From my side, it would also be interesting to take a look
at:

- the identification of success factors/major barriers to PSI reuse projects
(e.g. privacy impact, scope/scale of data, reliability and/or official
authentic status of the data, degree of prior availability, competition from
alternative sources, availability of supporting infrastructure
(software/APIs), promotional activities, etc). Probably this would be easier
after we have some more data in place;

- the impact of public-private partnerships on PSI (since private entities
don't necessarily have an interest in making collected data available for
reuse)

- the effect of PSI reuse on information marketplaces: PSI can enable such
markets because a new resource is made available to more service providers;
but also eliminate vendors of information which is now no longer
artificially scarce or protected.

For Thursday, it seems I will probably not be able to attend due to a
conflicting engagement, but I'm sure Katleen has more meaningful things to
add on the topic than I do, anyway. ;-)

Hans