[EU-lobby-data] Using lobbycrunching data for research on MIFID/EMIR lobby?

Natacha Cingotti natacha.cingotti at foeeurope.org
Fri Mar 1 10:02:49 UTC 2013

Hey Friedrich,

Thanks a lot for getting back.

Yep indeed, we've had a little brainstorm with anne about that. not all
questions fall within the category of what can be extracted based on the
register, but I'm putting the list down there and then we can discuss
what we think is feasible.

Natacha

***
_feasible with data extracted __with__our tool I guess_

- Who is lobbying? Here it would be interesting to look at sectors,
individual organisations, possibly names of lobbyists
Sectors: energy/commodity/ finance
Types of financial origanisations: banks? pension funds? asset
management companies? trading venues? market makers? asset managers?
(here it could be interesting to see which type of these lobby most?
what's the balance finance organisations vs others but also balance of
type of organisations within the ifnance sector)

- what are the resources spent? again by sectors, types of
organisations? what is the imbalance civil society vs industry? what is
the imblance among sectors?

- Check data above mentioned for each of the following lobby dossier:
- MIFID
- EMIR (even if already a done deal)
- possibly CSD regulation (central securities depositories)
_
__other info (not based on tool I think) b__ut that the folks will be
interested in looking at_
- whom have these industries lobbied? in EP (rapporteurs/shadow
rapporteurs)? in Commission (via access to docs) and in Council/MS (here
I guess via access to doc at national level)
- with which argus (here I guess we have to compare amend with lobby
materials we can find/collect)

speak to you in a bit!

natacha

natacha.cingotti at foeeurope.org