[euopendata] ICT-2010 networking session on gov linked data

Ivan Herman ivan at w3.org
Sat Feb 27 11:06:11 UTC 2010

Sören,

this looks really good. I have only a few comments, all are minor

- I think it would be good to emphasize the openness aspect. Ie, we are
talking about Linked Public Governmental Data. Maybe worth changing the
title accordingly? After all, there are a bunch of confidential
governmental data, and I do not believe we concentrate on those for the
moment...

- In the summary: with all my huge respects for Obama, I am not sure it
is appropriate to put his name there (or we should put Brown's name,
too). Ie:

'the Obama administration's Data.gov portal' -> 'the US Data.gov portal'

(it also saves some characters:-)

- I usually prefer to capitalize Semantic Web. Maybe it is just a W3C
usage...

- 'integrating data' -> 'integrating public data' (still in the summary)

A question: what do you mean by 'networking session will be supported'.
Ie, what does support mean? The reason I am asking is that if I know
what this means, I can try to get the same support from W3C and/or
ERCIM, but I have to know what we are talking about...

Cheers

Ivan

On 2010-2-26 19:03 , Sören Auer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As proposed by Stefano and discussed earlier I created a first draft of
> the poposal for an ICT-2010 networking session on gov linked data at:
>
> http://etherpad.com/YHGxr9eTEf
>
> Feel free to suggest improvements, but keep in mind that there are
> strict limits. The summary currently uses exactly the 1000 chars, for
> the "additional material for the Selection Panel" there is still a some
> space. We can also submit links and additional documents separately, if
> needed. We have time till 15 April 2010 to refine the proposal.
>
> Please also let me know, if we can mention additional EU and/or projects
> or outreach channels.
>
> We can also discuss the proposal at the Skype call on the 9th of March -
> http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/euopendata/4.
>
> Have a nice weekend everybody,
>
> Sören

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/