[euopendata] ICT-2010 networking session on gov linked data

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Sat Feb 27 16:27:19 UTC 2010

On 27.02.2010 12:06, Ivan Herman wrote:
> - I think it would be good to emphasize the openness aspect. Ie, we are
> talking about Linked Public Governmental Data. Maybe worth changing the
> title accordingly? After all, there are a bunch of confidential
> governmental data, and I do not believe we concentrate on those for the
> moment...

You are completely right, but I would rather keep the title as simple as
possible. I added 'public' to the first mentioning of governmental data
in the text, to make it a little clearer. Maybe that's sufficient?

> - In the summary: with all my huge respects for Obama, I am not sure it
> is appropriate to put his name there (or we should put Brown's name,
> too). Ie:
> 'the Obama administration's Data.gov portal' ->  'the US Data.gov portal'

Yes, that's better, have changed it accordingly.

> - I usually prefer to capitalize Semantic Web.

Done.

> - 'integrating data' ->  'integrating public data' (still in the summary)

Also, done.

> A question: what do you mean by 'networking session will be supported'.
> Ie, what does support mean? The reason I am asking is that if I know
> what this means, I can try to get the same support from W3C and/or
> ERCIM, but I have to know what we are talking about...

I guess there is no precise definition for now, but getting involved
with the preparations (as you already do), spreading the word, actively
participating and inviting additional people to the session, that's the
support we will need for the session. I'm happy to add W3C/ERCIM to the
list, although W3C is also already mentioned above.

Thanks for your comments,

Sören