[euopendata] Fwd: Re: ICT 2010 Networking Session on Governmental Linked Data

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Jun 18 07:42:08 UTC 2010

Dear all,

We inquired regarding the raised questions with Marta (cf. attached
email). In essence she says, we should rather focus on networking than
outreach:

Soeren: Do you think there will also be EU (and member state) decision
makers in the audience. If so, I think this would increase the value of
having high-level representatives on board. If not, we might focus more
during the session on networking between existing national initiatives
and organize events focusing towards outreach separately.

Marta: There will be EU and some Member States decision makers, but
their agenda will be restricted for sure. Furthermore you wil have the
time concern of 90 minutes. This, I think, would be not enogh to address
national initiatives and outreach at the same time. The session will
also not be at plenary level, what would more attract high level
speakers like TBL. My advice is to focus on networking between the
existing initiatives and have a separated and focused high level event.

So this gives us a clearer picture what to focus on. The dates are not
yet fixed, but they will us know as soon as this is known.

Best,

Sören