[euopendata] Harmonisation on "public domain" metadata in Europe?

Peter Krantz peter.krantz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 11:43:25 UTC 2010

Hi!

I have been in touch with an agency that has a fairly large archive of
digitized images where they are sure copyright has expired. I am
interested in finding a way to mark images (and other data) in a way
that makes this information explicit for end users. In a way I guess I
am looking for a license URL (but "license" may be the wrong word), a
short text translated into multiple languages and a symbol in a
similar fashion to CC licenses. This would make it possible to
aggregate datasets that are free from any restrictions.

Does anyone know if such a "license" exists?

Or should we make one?

Regards,

Peter Krantz
http://www.opengov.se