[euopendata] Request for information: recent PSI/open gov data developments in your country

Javier Ruiz Diaz javier at openrightsgroup.org
Thu Jan 20 15:04:30 UTC 2011

Hi Ton

this report covers the key developments in UK, it also has some information on the UK position re PSI review:

"Leading the government response to the EC Consultation on the Re-use of PSI
Directive.  TNA consulted widely. The UK response argued that the Directive
should not be amended – this could be a time consuming process and may
even cut across progress already made in the UK. We stated that there may
be some scope for the commission to issue further guidance around the
Directive.  This would need to be modest and in keeping with existing work.
Finally, we argued that the  Directive should not be extended to cover public
sector broadcasters, educational and research institutions or cultural
establishments (museums, libraries and archives) due to third party
copyright considerations for the above along with the increase burden. We
also took the opportunity to highlight  UK progress on PSI issues such as the
OGL, IFTS and data.gov.uk"

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documents/Licensing_Forum7.12.10.pdf