[euopendata] Request for information: recent PSI/open gov data developments in your country

Peter Krantz peter.krantz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:15:50 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 19:02, David Norheim <David.Norheim at computas.com> wrote:

> Which loosely translate to:
> "From January 1st 2011 all suitable raw data shall be made availiable in
> machine readable formats.

Great summary, thank you! Did you define what "raw data" means in
Norway? In my experience the definition varies widely. Some people
believe that writing data into a database implies that it is not "raw
data" anymore (as it has been enhanced with structure).

If we could find a shared definition of what it means I think it would
be easier for people who maintain data to draw a line between their
commercial activities (which typically is based on defined data and
services) and the "collecting activities".

Regards,

Peter Krantz
@peterkz_swe
http://www.opengov.se