[okfn-coord] [Fwd: Re: Touching base] -- meeting with patent office

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jul 11 10:53:32 UTC 2006

Please keep this confidential.

~rufus

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Touching base]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:49:28 +0100
From: Duncan Wearmouth <Duncan.Wearmouth at patent.gov.uk>
To: Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>

Rufus,

Thanks.  I did get it, but have been out and about so unable to
co-ordinate with colleagues and hence the delay.  All of the copyright
team is now based in Newport, South Wales.  I'm afraid I will miss the
IPPR event this friday as I'm off to Helsinki tomorrow for the Finnish
Presidency event on Copyright & Content Policy.  On getting together,
excluding patents and limiting to Copyright sounds sensible, but as you
say, a broad area. Although you have seen some of my team in passing at
WIPO (Ceri & Michele) and you may have dealt with Janette McNeill in the
past when she was working on CII, I wondered whether there would be a
more fruitful discussion if you met us all rather than just me.  We
wouldn't need to narrow the discussion then and it would of course set
us up for more specific dialogue on issues which could be taken forward
by the particular dossier owners in my team.  How do you fancy visiting
Newport?  I'm happy to pay the travel costs.  How are you fixed for last
week of July/first week of August?

Kind regards

Duncan

PS You may already be aware, but I was told last week that the
additional session of the SCCR is pencilled in for September 11- 13 (Mon
- Wed)

Duncan Wearmouth
Director of Copyright & Enforcement
Intellectual Property & Innovation Directorate
The Patent Office
Tel: 01633 813782
Fax: 01633 814817
Email: duncan.wearmouth at patent.gov.uk

>>> Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> 11/07/2006 11:35 >>>
Dear Duncan,

Not sure this email got through so I'm just resending to make sure
you've got it.

Regards,

Rufus