[okfn-coord] ok2 speaker updates

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Dec 19 14:33:40 UTC 2007

Hi Jo!

> Frank Kelly wrote to say he couldn't make the date and in any case his
> engagement with the Tranpsort field was so lapsed that he would want
> to learn, rather than to speak.

This is a shame...

> He recommended David Newbery who i guess is a colleague of Rufus's
> also? http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/faculty/newbery/ While i like the look
> of a lot of his work and the transport/environment/policy angle is
> strong, i don't know to what extend he could connect to "openess".

Interesting. I notice he is/was at the Cambridge-MIT Institute. On a
tangent, I remember coming across some projects related to transport
data sharing there before. [pause] Just looked and found the National
Transport Data Framework and the TIME project:

   http://www.cambridge-mit.org/transport/

Could it be worth contact anyone from either of these projects? NTDF in
particular? (I don't know much about this area!)

> I had an interesting brief chat with Graham Stickler from 1Spatial,
> who used to work in transport policy and now does geodata quality
> stuff, about the water/electricity/utility planning impact of
> transport data sharign policy and the Traffic Management Act and i
> would like to get a recommendation out of him

Great!

> I was *pleasantly* surprised that Sean Gillies replied positively,
> Pleiades has someting going with KCL in the Spring so he does have
> reason to be in London, he said he'd check out the timing and get back
> to me.

Fantastic!

Best wishes,

Optimistic J.