[okfn-coord] URGENT: FP7 Proposal

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Apr 4 00:13:38 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am currently working on the 'Key project tasks' and 'Key competencies
related to the tasks' sections.

Soren Auer has suggested we emphasise expertise in IPR and
dissemination/communication? I will look at
the proposal in more detail to think where the OKF could fit in. Other
things we could mention (off the top of my head):

  * legal/economic research
  * (domain specific) resource discovery
  * knowledge componentisation

He's basically said we should put anything we want in, and he can prune
as necessary in further iterations, and consult with us.

A ballpark figure he's floated for the OKF is 250k Euros over 3-4 years

If anyone would like access to the draft, *please* get in touch and I
can forward access details. A further set of eyes would obviously be
much appreciated (the draft is > 100 pages).

First draft of blurb - including short CVs composite from various
sources - is below. (Jo - it would be useful to get a little more stuff
in yours, if possible!)

What do people think?

Best wishes,

Jonathan