[okfn-coord] URGENT: FP7 Proposal

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Apr 7 08:21:44 UTC 2008

Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Hi all,

Sorry for delay in response but I was away all of last week -- why do
these things always crop up at the inconvenient times :) ?

> I am currently working on the 'Key project tasks' and 'Key competencies
> related to the tasks' sections.
>
> Soren Auer has suggested we emphasise expertise in IPR and
> dissemination/communication? I will look at
> the proposal in more detail to think where the OKF could fit in. Other
> things we could mention (off the top of my head):

Where's the link for the CFP?

>  * legal/economic research
>  * (domain specific) resource discovery
>  * knowledge componentisation
>
> He's basically said we should put anything we want in, and he can prune
> as necessary in further iterations, and consult with us.
>
> A ballpark figure he's floated for the OKF is 250k Euros over 3-4 years
>
> If anyone would like access to the draft, *please* get in touch and I
> can forward access details. A further set of eyes would obviously be
> much appreciated (the draft is > 100 pages).

Happy to contribute ...

> First draft of blurb - including short CVs composite from various
> sources - is below. (Jo - it would be useful to get a little more stuff
> in yours, if possible!)
>
> What do people think?

Looks great. If it would be useful I've got another rather fuller (but
also rather more academic oriented cv available [1]) but what's there is
already good. You already mention I've done research work for the UK
government but you could also mention i'm part of a team currently
working on an EU-funded project to do research on the EU's Public Domain.

~rufus

[1]: http://www.rufuspollock.org/economics/rufus_pollock_cv.pdf

> Jonathan

Really nice summary.