[okfn-coord] Meeting with Shuttleworth Foundation tomorrow

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu May 29 14:56:18 UTC 2008

Just got off the phone with Mark Surman. I think its tricky to give a
thumbnail of the OKF in a few minutes -  so didn't get to go into much
detail - but he certainly sounded very interested in what we do, and is
keen to know more and to work with us.

He welcomed us to get involved in OpenEverything in whatever capacity we
want . I suggested we could be an official partner. It will take place
in London this autumn. Mark Shuttleworth will come, and the organisers
are hoping that it will make him more keen to fund more stuff in this area.

He wasn't that optimistic about the Young Foundation's involvement (they
are currently co-organising) - saying that they'll put their name to it,
but wasn't confident how much they 'get it'.

I think he slightly struggled with the amount of stuff that we do - but
said he'd really like to know more about stuff we do with maps and
timelines (Weaving History). I'll follow this up in an email.

I'll have another Skype meeting with him as soon as is convenient, and
we'll meet in person in late June.

Jonathan