[okfn-coord] OKF Consultancy work for Jack Thurston of farmsubsidy.org

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Apr 2 09:50:26 UTC 2009

Hi all,

We're talking to Jack Thurston later today. After hearing from a few
people that our consultancy rate should be higher we contacted him
again and he said the rate they usually pay is £250-300 per day. Hence
we're going ahead with £275 per day, for 8 days.
 - instead of the initial £225 per day.

We have agreed all of this in writing (via email) - but we were
wondering whether, additionally, we should have a contract? While
ideally it would be good to have a contract done, we're a bit
concerned that this could be disproportionately time consuming -
especially as this work needs to be completed in a few weeks in time
for an event at which it will be launched. Do people think the emails
will be sufficient?

Jonathan