[okfn-coord] Hosting for OneClickOrgs?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Apr 24 18:23:54 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Charles Armstrong (of Trampoline Systems + the Circus Foundation) and
a small team of developers are currently looking for somewhere to host
a project called OneClickOrgs. The project aims to support the
creation of a basic legal structure for an organisation and to
facilitate collective decision making. They've had interest from the
Berkman, from the lawyers behind the Vermont Virtual Corporations Law
(Peter Erle and David Johnson), and from some people interested in
setting up a charitable foundation at Oracle. More info on PDF
(attached).

Its a not-for-profit project and all their material is open (the code
is AGPL and all content is CC-BY-SA - hence its OSSD compliant?).

Would the OKF be interested in helping with hosting? In the first
instance this would be for a blog and to test the service as they move
towards the first phase this summer.

As an aside: I'd be really interested to see if their constitutions
could be of value for our Working Groups...

(Disclosure: though I'm not part of the project team, I've been
involved in discussions about the project since it started and am on
their internal mailing list.)

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator