[okfn-coord] License consultancy work for EU Transparency?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Jul 21 14:36:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Jordan S
Hatcher<jordan at opencontentlawyer.com> wrote:
> While probably a day's worth of work, I think 400 is pretty low to go
> through all of that stuff.  600 seems better to me, but happy to go for 400
> if that's what everyone else thinks.  This is mainly because there is some
> overhead on time that evens out in a 4 day project (for example), and so I
> personally usually charge a bit more for one day projects.

Just to clarify - there's been no discussion of rates, or more
specific agreements about work yet. We could say that if he
specifically wants legal expertise the rate will be around £600?

> I don't see how we can draft a license for them.  If we are talking about
> the possibility of an attribution only data license, then they could sponsor
> development time, assuming the Open Data Commons advisory council were
> amenable and this was a route we wanted to go. We'd have to go through a
> public beta process as well before it would be complete and ready to use.

We can definitely advise him along these lines as part of the
consultancy. Do we have ball park figures for how much time was spent
on the ODbL development process?

> This would be good, but it would be better to explore making sure that  the
> FAQ was available for everyone - i.e. creating a template FAQ for anyone to
> use.

Agreed!

--
Jonathan Gray