[okfn-coord] License consultancy work for EU Transparency?

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Tue Jul 21 14:46:43 UTC 2009

On 21 Jul 2009, at 15:36, Jonathan Gray wrote:

>> I don't see how we can draft a license for them.  If we are talking
>> about
>> the possibility of an attribution only data license, then they
>> could sponsor
>> development time, assuming the Open Data Commons advisory council
>> were
>> amenable and this was a route we wanted to go. We'd have to go
>> through a
>> public beta process as well before it would be complete and ready
>> to use.
>
> We can definitely advise him along these lines as part of the
> consultancy. Do we have ball park figures for how much time was spent
> on the ODbL development process?

A LOT.

A BY license however would be much easier in the drafting stages, but
still would involve some time and back and forth for the public beta
and any revisions.  I don't want to miss an opportunity, but I think
it might be a little too soon to start back up again.  We may want to
build out more resources for the ODbL first.

Anywho.... we'll see what we see when we chat with them.

~Jordan

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

More at: <http://www.jordanhatcher.com>