[okfn-coord] Contract with aidinfo

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Mon May 4 10:44:36 UTC 2009

This looks good, but I need some more clarity around what they want on
the legal side.

The set out this element as:

"Consideration of licensing and legal issues that needs to be
addressed. This should include likely constraints faced by nation
states releasing public data and options for license agreements."

This is pretty broad, and we should of course shy away from giving
legal advice.  I'd like to know more about what question or business
problem they see this part of the report addressing. As just from this
line, they could mean / want:

-- template licence agreements
-- a how to on open data licensing
-- a survey on public info and data at international level
-- terms on how they should set up IATI in regards to licensing
-- some issue spotting around licensing for their project

Let me know what else I can do on this.

Thanks

~Jordan