[okfn-coord] Contract with aidinfo

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu May 7 15:19:49 UTC 2009

2009/5/4 Jordan S Hatcher <jordan at opencontentlawyer.com>:
[...]
> "Consideration of licensing and legal issues that needs to be
> addressed. This should include likely constraints faced by nation
> states releasing public data and options for license agreements."
>
> This is pretty broad, and we should of course shy away from giving
> legal advice.  I'd like to know more about what question or business
> problem they see this part of the report addressing. As just from this
> line, they could mean / want:

For this first-round they only want 10 pages in *draft* so I don't
think they'll be expecting us to go crazy on the detail. I imagine
some recommendation on using X license will be enough.

> -- template licence agreements
> -- a how to on open data licensing
> -- a survey on public info and data at international level
> -- terms on how they should set up IATI in regards to licensing
> -- some issue spotting around licensing for their project
>
> Let me know what else I can do on this.

For this first stage they need a reasonably rapid response (they want
a draft report by start of June).

I've spoken with Becky and she is very time-limited until then (though
more time after the 1st).

I've said to Simon I'll get back to him by early next week with yes or
no. I definitely think we should do this as a) it is right up our
street b) 10 page report should not require much time or effort.

The question then is:

1. Who is available to do this? (I think the key question is whether
between you, me, Jonathan and maybe Becky, we have enough resource to
do this in the time available)

2. What should be charging and for how many days