[okfn-coord] Estimate for work funded by Open Society Institute?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Nov 13 15:48:22 UTC 2009

We need to get back to OSI by mid next week with a budget estimate for
some work. Would greatly appreciate '+1s' or suggestions on this from
the board.

I just spoke to Helen Darbishire at Access Info about collaborating on
a report funded by OSI. The report will look to provide background on
the FOI and open government data movements - and will recommend ways
to better connect the two. Ultimately it will lay the ground for
further OSI funding and activity in this area. Very exciting!

OSI have provisionally accepted Helen's proposal and it looks like
they are willing to extend the budget so the OKF can co-author the
report with Access Info (rather than previous proposal to just review
it).

The existing budget is as follows. Should we just ask OSI to match
what Access Info are asking for or ask for more? (My inclination is to
ask them to match what Access Info are asking for.)

Access Info and Consultants for Scoping Paper
Helen Darbishire, Access Info Executive Director, 15 days @ €350.00 = €5,250.00
Access Info research staff/consultant - 15 days @ €200.00 = €3,000.00
Organisation XX review of paper and provide comments €1,000.00 = €1,000.00
Organisation XX review of paper and provide comments  €1,000.00 = €1,000.00
Access Info telecoms costs and office costs (based on day rate of €27
per day for short-term projects) for 30 days of research €27.00 =
€810.00

Total = €11,060.00

--
Jonathan Gray