[okfn-coord] Estimate for work funded by Open Society Institute?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Nov 16 12:25:34 UTC 2009

2009/11/13 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
[...]
> The existing budget is as follows. Should we just ask OSI to match
> what Access Info are asking for or ask for more? (My inclination is to
> ask them to match what Access Info are asking for.)

My inclination is the same as yours.

However do we have any steer from OSI or from Helen? Would a sudden
doubling in projected budget be a problem?

> Access Info and Consultants for Scoping Paper
> Helen Darbishire, Access Info Executive Director, 15 days @ €350.00 = €5,250.00
> Access Info research staff/consultant - 15 days @ €200.00 = €3,000.00
> Organisation XX review of paper and provide comments €1,000.00 = €1,000.00
> Organisation XX review of paper and provide comments  €1,000.00 = €1,000.00
> Access Info telecoms costs and office costs (based on day rate of €27
> per day for short-term projects) for 30 days of research €27.00 =
> €810.00
>
> Total = €11,060.00

We would not need the line items for Organization XX review. Thus our
ask would reduce to: EUR 9,060.

We would also need to think about the line items (assuming this detail
is needed) since I'm not sure who would take the role of Exec
Director. In our case we tend to parcel out the work in a more
distributed way among e.g. Becky, myself, Jordan and you.

Regards,