[okfn-coord] Involving Tom Watson in OKF?

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Thu Nov 19 03:46:27 UTC 2009

On 19 Nov 2009, at 00:01, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> Tom Watson recently replied to recent Tweet about OKF governance
> offering to help [1], which reminded me that when I spoke to him at
> our event in March, he said that he'd like to support and possibly
> become involved in the OKF more.

That's great!

> Can anyone think of a way we might be able to usefully involve him?
> He's obviously quite busy I don't imagine he'd be tremendously active,
> but could be good to have on the Advisory Board or suchlike. I don't
> know whether or not people think this would be appropriate?

Like you, I think we need to have a definite "ask" of him.  An Advisory Board slot could be a good way to build some profile, though would that effect our neutrality at all?

What about:

-- speaking at OKCon?
-- asking for his help in getting some government attention on one of our main projects at the moment.  Anything with CKAN we can do?  Maybe a meeting on open data / licensing given the new strategy/consultation for Ordnance Survey data directly with him or with some specific department?

~Jordan