[okfn-coord] Communia - Turkey - Ronan Deazley

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Wed Mar 10 17:02:39 UTC 2010

I'm not sure who is going to Turkey -- I don't know if just as with Luxembourg we have some extra room for people involved with OKF to also go.  I'd like to put forward Ronan Deazley, who does a whole lot of interesting copyright work -- particularly around cultural heritage -- and is someone that I think would be good to get engaged from our end in the remaining Communia events as I think he could add a lot to the conversation.

Also it would be good to get him more involved with OKF as well.

<http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/schooloflaw/staff/academic/deazleyr/>

Is there a process around this for seeing if we can approve him to go?

Thanks

~Jordan

Begin forwarded message:

> - 8th Communia Workshop: 19-20 April 2010, Istanbul (Turkey)
> The 8th Communia Workshop -- Education and the Public Domain: The Emergence of a Shared Educational Commons -- will be held in Istanbul (Turkey) on Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 April 2010. Please SAVE the date!
>
> Prof. James Boyle, renowned scholar of the public domain, will provide a keynote speech titled: "The Glorious Open Educational Revolution! (And why it hasn't happened yet)".
>
> The workshop will convene leading experts, practitioners and all interested parties to explore success stories, best practices, current projects, legal obstacles and technical issues. With special attention, given that the workshop will be held on the Bosphorus, given to the Turkish and Middle-Eastern scenarios, vibrant areas where the open educational movement might soon score important successes.
>
> The workshop is being organized by Ozyegin University (Turkey), Intellectual Property Institute (Slovenia), Creative Commons (USA) and the NEXA Center for Internet & Society (Italy).
> More information: http://www.communia-project.eu/ws08

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

More at: <http://www.jordanhatcher.com>