[foundation-board] publishing the redacted minutes

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 3 19:01:35 UTC 2010

On 3 September 2010 12:44, Becky Hogge <becky.hogge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to be a pain, but I've been re-thinking the commitment I made to
> become Treasurer. I don't know how to do this formally (or if that's
> even possible, I guess I'll just have to resign at the next meeting)
> This doesn't effect the publishing of the minutes, because they
> accurately reflect the fact I said I'd do it, but...it might be less
> complicated?
>
> I know this is crap, sorry - and Jordan even suggested I give myself a
> cooling off period, a suggestion I know now I should have taken up.
> This has nothing to do with ongoing discussions about the project
> coordinator. The truth is I started regretting the decision as soon as
> I woke up the next morning, because I don't think i have either the
> right skills for the job or the time to do it properly.

What do we think being Treasurer involves? I thought it was reviewing,
and ensuring, we had the quarterly reports for the regular quarterly
board mettings.

If so, I personally think your skills for this are fine :)

> On a less tangential note, Rufus should of course speak for himself,
> but when I saw him last Wednesday he said he was not yet in a position
> to make his Shuttleworth appointment public. I don't know if that
> situation's changed.

I've redacted out the mention of this from the minutes. I've also just
gone through again in some detail and made some change: (think we
need, occasionally, to be more careful in our choice of words), e.g.:

  * AC is referred to simply as "Trophies" which is not quite how the
discussion went and would not be something we should publish. I've
altered this.
  * Pulled togeher discussion around project coordinator (one of most
important items)
  * typos e.g. general council rather than general counsel

Anyway for my part I'm now happy for these to be published :) at their
usual location:

<http://okfn.org/board/meetings/>