[foundation-board] OKF Long-term budget to 2013/14

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:48:46 UTC 2011

Hi Jason

Thanks so much for pulling this together. It looks great.

I see this budget forms part of the presentation we're giving to
Omidyar, so I want to make sure I'm fully briefed on it before the
meeting on 8th June. I have three specific questions.

1) Can you give me an account of the sorts of activity we plan on
engaging in to up our supporter income by the proportions indicated?
It looks ambitious to me (Board members will recall that I'm
particularly cynical about how easy it is to attract supporter income,
and I note that our income from this has actually decreased over the
last two years).

2) Can you give me an account of how we expect to attract the sorts of
grant monies indicated under "other project-related income - grants
etc)"

3) Can you give me your justification for why we are running a deficit
in 2011/2012.

None of these are criticisms - I simply want to know your thinking
behind these figures. And I'm well aware that these sorts of
projections are to some extent star-gazing exercises.

All the best

Becky