[foundation-board] Finance update

Jason Kitcat jason.kitcat at okfn.org
Mon Mar 21 20:33:04 UTC 2011

On 21 Mar 2011, at 18:32, Jo Walsh wrote:
> 20k project fund sounds promising, are there thoughts on how it will be managed, projects picked, what average grant is, what conditions?

Nothing detailed planned other than what the core team come across and develop.

> Open Spending - likely i've not been paying attention, all I could see online was Jonny's thorough blog post about the proposal to the Knight Foundation back in Jan.

There's development work going on and more funding applications going in.

> Re community organiser - good idea, but I don't think anybody should have to work five days a week. I work four and wish I could afford three...

I agree, but on the other hand we need more complete coverage across the week. We have too many part-timers which make coordination tricky. We're not making anyone do this job!

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Kitcat