[foundation-board] September board meeting (replacing August) + informal Strategy meetings

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Aug 7 11:31:24 UTC 2012

Hi All,

>From the responses to the poll it seems difficult to get a good number
of us together in August. I therefore suggest the following:

1. Schedule a "normal" (1.5h evening) Board meeting in September
2. Arrange informal meetups before that Board meeting with smaller
groups of the Board (say 2-3 but possibly 1-on-1) to talk about
Strategy and Operations issues. We would like these to be as long as
possible (and could have multiple ones) but will obviously depend on
people's availability

For item 1 please indicate your availability here:

<http://www.doodle.com/xhfcz6tqm6ws7m2y>

For item 2 I propose to arrange these via direct phone or email with
relevant board members.

Lastly, I should provide an update on the Strategy front (Martin
enquired about this recently):

* The Management team are working to draft something now and this will
be iterated with the Board (part of our meetings later in August)
* Likely be more limited in terms of process than originally envisaged
in that we won't have a large consultation process (though we will
likely consult with key colleagues, staff etc)
* It is unlikely we do anything at OKFest though we may consult (e.g.
on the community meetup day on Saturday) but instead may target this
for the second of our planned bi-annual summits which will likely be
in December