[foundation-board] Omidyar regranting situation

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 10:17:07 UTC 2012

Hi Laura

Thanks for this.

I think this has ramifications for our desired way to structure the
chapters and operate with them that we need to work out. It would
appear to place a burden on the central foundation that we weren't
anticipating, and grant the chapters less autonomy than we would like.

I'm not sure what the work program on the Omidyar grant looks like
just now - would it be useful for a group of us (perhaps Jordan, Kat,
Rufus, you and I?) to get together at some point soon, and work out
next steps? Or was this achieved at the meeting in December? I'm
conscious that I'm tasked with leading the response to
OKF-Deutchland's grant proposal, and while I'm pretty clear at this
point what that feedback should be, I'm not clear just yet what effect
this new information from Omidyar will have on the process...

Your guidance welcome, all the best

Becky