[foundation-board] Omidyar regranting situation

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Mon Jan 9 11:12:02 UTC 2012

On 9 January 2012 10:17, Becky Hogge <becky.hogge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Laura
>
> Thanks for this.
>
> I think this has ramifications for our desired way to structure the
> chapters and operate with them that we need to work out. It would
> appear to place a burden on the central foundation that we weren't
> anticipating, and grant the chapters less autonomy than we would like.
>
> I'm not sure what the work program on the Omidyar grant looks like
> just now - would it be useful for a group of us (perhaps Jordan, Kat,
> Rufus, you and I?) to get together at some point soon, and work out
> next steps?

Yes, that would be good, and that is the right set of people. Rufus is
away until this Friday, so next week? We need to get moving on this.
Let's take scheduling off this list...

The December discussions didn't address the Omidyar plan as a whole,
merely the early stage chapter/local group phases and possible
support; and the funding ideas we had then would not work under these
conditions.

Best,

Laura