[foundation-board] New board members: Jane Silber (confirmed) and Gavin Starks (potential)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jul 24 15:47:40 UTC 2012

Hi Martin,

Are you clearer on the process now?

Also, I note that my understanding was that the Board (acting in
capacity as Members) had already approved Jane via discussion at
previous board meetings and I had been tasked to enquire whether she
was interested. Given that she is and has consented to join the board
I'd suggest proceeding with her appointment.

Does this sound ok?

Rufus

On 23 July 2012 10:46, Martin Keegan <martin at no.ucant.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Martin Keegan wrote:
>
>> > with Jane Silber of Canonical about becoming a Board member. After a
>> > phone chat and some follow-up in the last few weeks, Jane has kindly
>> > agreed to become a member of the Board.
>> >
>> > I shall be adding Jane to the list in the next few days and writing an
>> > email of introduction.
>>
>> I may be labouring under a misapprehension; what's the procedure for new
>> board members?
>
> Can someone provide me with some reassurance that the legal formalities
> have been properly followed here, ideally before you do anything?
>
> Mk

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation