[geo-discuss] getmapping aerial data

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Fri Apr 8 12:54:45 UTC 2005

* @ 08/04/05 01:34:37 PM jo at frot.org wrote:
> and how far it could reach; would getmapping be interested in letting

The guy is coming on Thursday, we can chat to him then...

> okay, wonderful. i'd happily be in a delegation if that act would
> lower the median appearance-of-flakiness in any way. saul is rather
> good at the seeming-plausible-and-respectable effort. (but is away
> 9th-16th)

Sorry... I'm just sensitive to things I hear from Real Geographers in
the department at UCL. We have a reputation for talking lots and doing
little, which is a fair criticism.... but coming from people who write
FORTRAN...

> > In other news, I'm potentially doing a PhD on this stuff... which'd be
> > kinda cool.
>
> definitely, on what kind of aspect, on the collection-and-collation
> aspect? it had struck me to wonder how your work on all this might in
> future be supported...

I dunno what exactly it'll be about. Its one of those academic 'yeah you
can do a phd' things that gets finalised the day before I start. But,
its a PhD so I can do what I like... within limits...

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/