[geo-discuss] BOF session at FOSS4G ... also one at EurOSCON?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Aug 11 01:38:52 UTC 2006

dear all,

I submitted a Public Geodata BOF session to FOSS4G -
http://www.foss4g2006.org/ This should be a good chance to talk F2F
with a Open Source GIS developers across Europe who have a
professional stake in better access to state-collected geodata.
I hope others from this list will be making it there - Lausanne, Sept
12-15th.

I'd also be quite interested in doing a BOF at EurOSCON, which will be
in Brussels the following week, and will submit one to there.

I wonder whether it would be interesting or possible to do a Belgian
equivalent of the Open Knowledge Forum on Open Geodata last year:
http://www.okfn.org/okforums/geodata/

What's sparked my interest in this is how jaw-dropping i've found the
recent emails of Martin Maillet to the EGIP list - a civil servant who
decided within his professional bounds to speak out about the over
heavy lobby of the UK PSI clique on the European process; I'd be very
interested to meet him and invite him as a speaker:
particularly http://egip.jrc.it/200608/1812.html

"keep up the good work, because we cannot speak freely" ... :/

jo