[geo-discuss] INSPIRE conciliation timeline updates

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Fri Aug 25 18:14:36 UTC 2006

Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> [060825]:
> dear all,
>
> I spoke on the phone today with Tuija Talsi, the person on the Finnish
> COREPER[0] staff responsible for environmental information. She said:
>
> - INSPIRE has not been discussed in COREPER yet. It will feature in
>   the Working Party meeting at the start of September.
> - COREPER does not expect to be sending INSPIRE to Council before the
>   end of September / start of October
> - There are two large Environment directives coming up for
>   conciliation this cycle; the other one is the groundwater directive
>   and this is scheduled to go through the process first, before INSPIRE.
>   http://ec.europa.eu/environment/water/water-framework/groundwater.html
>
> I don't understand why such a key stage of the legislative process,
> completely designing its outcome, has to be carried out in private.
> But I understand more than I did this morning, which is good.

What has to be to done is to require a B-item (discussion) in the
Council with a roll call vote (at the request of one delegation) on all
EP amendments, at least the 2 we want to see who is voting what.

Requesting the roll call can be done in paper (for example one
delegation should send *in advance* to the Presidency a letter
mentionning that they will request a roll call for those amendements).
It is a matter of convincing one delegation.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403