[geo-discuss] tabled amendments

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Mar 3 09:55:31 UTC 2006

I've been hacking on some support resources for people who want to
talk to MEPs on the ENVI committee about the second reading amendments.

http://publicgeodata.org/Analysis_Of_Second_Reading_Amendments
could do with beefing up with more specific supporting arguments
against monopoly pricing (the PIRA study, the KPMG study in Canada).
But it's a place to start, in providing people who want to talk to
MEPs about public access, but can't commit time to research.
Each amendment gets a for/against recommendation from a public access
perspective, apart from 4 and 24 which are a pair and just look like
bad amendments to me. Second opinion / edit passes hugely appreciated.
The last 8 amendments still haven't been published.

I'd like to be able to share this with EGIP/freegis/OSM lists soon.
I'm travelling all day today, but can have another pass saturday.

http://publicgeodata.org/Contact_ENVI_Committee_Members is a
correlated list scraped from the committee members' homepages, which
shows URLs and email addresses (where they were listed), a depressing
amount of MEPs don't publish an email address on europarl.
The scraper missed a few, i think due to encoding issues, which should
be filled in by hand. Again, this could be a useful "look it's right
here, you barely need to make an effort to click this link" resource.

jo