[geo-discuss] switch2osm.org launched today

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 22:44:44 UTC 2012

Greetings open geo-data people! Today I've been helping to launch a new website:

http://switch2osm.org

...to help explain switching to OpenStreetMap. Its mainly targeted at web developers, explaining how and why you might switch from other map providers.

Please take a look and let me now what you think. Hopefully all you OpenKnowledge folks are familiar with and supportive of OpenStreetMap. Please help us to launch this website by passing on the URL to this new website, to developers, or any tech press contacts who might be interested (something OKFN can help us with more formally perhaps?)

or more simply...
retweet this: https://twitter.com/#!/openstreetmap/status/162128203639566336 (and use the #switch2osm hashtag)

+1 this : https://plus.google.com/u/0/111953119785824514010/posts/c8ewjLrrY5x

Harry Wood
OpenStreetMap volunteer

p.s.  I've only just discovered this mailing list. OKFN sure does have a lot of them!  Apologies for outrageous advertising on my first post.