[iRail] Close encounters with NMBS and De Lijn

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 10:17:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

My contacts with de lijn were unsuccessful. The problem was indeed that de
lijn wanted to be sure the user achieved accurate data. OSM could not
guarantee that, so de lijn did not answer to our question.  The second
problem with OSM for de lijn was that OSM could not host the timetables,
only the geographical information. Maybe this problem will be solved when
transiki gets launched.

I don't know if peter dedecker is already an iRail member, but if he isn't,
he is a politician with an open IT mind, he might be able to help you with
lobbying.