[iRail] Report Meeting 7/12/2010

Jan Fabry jan.fabry at monkeyman.be
Thu Dec 9 12:04:44 UTC 2010

On 09 Dec 2010, at 12:49, Louis de Decker wrote:

> the chat api is totally independent, as I started making it on my own. We discussed the matter with Pieter : the way I'm doing things is not open enough, so we decided we'd go for an opensource solution in the future, thus keeping using my light solution for starters. The idea is to test if people react to that feature or not, is it really worth putting all that effort in the chat ? (i hope so)
> When this will happen I think it will be a separate api as this has nothing to do with the train schedules.

OK, I was just a bit confused because there is an "api/chat" directory in the iRail code. But it's empty, and will probably be removed soon?

> normally the app works on older versions, have you tried to install it on a pre 4.1 phone ? I don't know if the appstore prevents the app from being installed on a non 4.1 phone, gonna check that out.

I tried to install it on my 1st-gen iPhone with iOS 3.1.3, and got an error message "This application requires the iPhone 4.1 Software Update". I believe this is something you can choose. Of course, if you use iOS 4 capabilities, it will not be easy to manage the version split.

The BeTrains.com page should probably be updated to reflect the availability of the iPhone app?

Jan