[iRail] first alpha homepage design

C. Versieux christophe.versieux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 21:09:09 UTC 2010

My feedback in green in comments.

(My direct feedback in french for Julien: "Yep, tu as as fait un put***
d'excellent boulot, c'est vraiment bien parti! On avait vraiment besoin d'un
bon designer et tu assures!")

2010/11/27 Yeri Tiete <yeri at tiete.be>

> Heya,
>
> Pretty good first version

*Extremly good first version*

> Couple of remarks;
>
> - "The best mobile mobile application for *B*elgian rail(road?) users
> => scrap "ever"
> => scrap "the"
> => make sure it's on one line

*Like Pieter: *
* Drop the "the best ever mobile application for belgian train users" -
We don't have to convince them that we're the best in text ;-)*

> Btw, Christophe, what about NeTrains ? ;) We get a different domain name ?

*I think we have to decide our strategy. We have 2 choices, *
*
*
*I suggested to focus on european trains to get a lot of enthousiast
feedback ( just have a look at the buzz that I made with xda on twitter, we
cannot even dream about a 1/100th buzz in Belgium.*
*
*
*You seemed to prefer focusing in Belgium and growing after that... I think
we need to discuss on one strategy.*

> - I wouldn't put the donate button on the front page. Seems a bit like
> we're desperately in need for $$$.

*I think that a little "donate" button is quite usual on free and open
projects. For me, there is no problem.*

> - The top and bottom bar, seems very Windows 95. Make the colour fading
> more fluid?

*Why not... That will also help me to improve UI of my application :-p*

> - B-rail logo with a line through it is awesome! :p
>
> *Like Pieter: *
*It's a little bit too offensive ;-)*
*
*
*I think that our goal is not to attack NMBS/SNCB but just to say: let the
people choose.*
*If you want to attack NMBS, just compare satisfaction rating:*
*
*
*http://www.androlib.com/android.statistics.tof-cv-mpp-zzAE.aspx*
*
http://www.androlib.com/android.statistics.hafas-android-sncbnmbs-qtwFE.aspx
*
*
*
*We don't need more thqn these stats :-D*

> - We'll have Bada and Windows Phone 7 as platform as well

*Yes, we need videos. Integrating the Youtube videos would be really cool. *

> - slide show seems like a good idea; make sure stations are in french on
> one screenshot, and in dutch on a different one (yes, people tend to nag
> about language)

*Yes.*

> - keep it KISS (simple!)

*Yes. Maybe we should focus on a 3 colors pattern. remove blue "free" and
green "download"*

> - I'll let the rest of the list comment and more :)
>
> - I wouldn't say "the application is always in development blabla", they'll
> notice is. Seems a bit like we have buggy software all the time... ;) Just
> remove that line :)

*Put youtube video instead or screenshots, but we should keep them.*

> - You should mention iRail somewhere on that page

*Yes.*

> Cheers for the good work :)

*Yes.*